In the mood for a delicious, super easy pasta dish cooked from scratch? Baked feta pasta with cherry tomatoes (aka Tiktok pasta) will delight your taste buds with a tangy, creamy sauce, jammy baked tomatoes, and fresh, herby basil!
This pasta went viral on Tiktok a few years back, and for good reason! It doesn't get much easier or more mouthwatering than this baked feta pasta.
Summer tomatoes taste great in this recipe, but even off-season tomatoes will shine when baked together with tangy feta, earthy garlic, and fresh basil.
The ingredient list is small, but this pasta is not short on flavor.
- cherry tomatoes - the smaller the better, cherry tomatoes are the perfect jam for this dish. You can sub grape tomatoes or any other small tomato.
- olive oil - it may look like a lot, but you want your tomatoes basically swimming in oil. This provides for even cooking and a super tasty sauce in the end.
- feta cheese - authentic Greek feta gives the best sharp, tangy flavor. If you're making this pasta you better get on board with funky feta!
- pasta - I used cavatappi pasta because I love the twirly shape, but literally any pasta shape will work.
- garlic - cooking the garlic in the tomato/oil mixture for 10 minutes mellows the raw garlic bite.
- basil - nothing goes together quite like tomatoes and basil. The perfect combo!
See recipe card for quantities.
Baked feta pasta has a short list of steps, which is why it's so dang popular!
Place your block of feta and cherry tomatoes in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Add olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
Bake your feta and tomatoes for 30 minutes.
Add minced garlic and basil to baking dish and bake another 10 minutes.
In the meantime, cook your pasta on the stovetop until al dente.
Stir cooked pasta into baking dish until combined, adding ½ cup pasta water if needed.
- Feta cheese - If you don't have a block of feta, crumbled feta can be substituted, but it won't be as creamy.
- Cherry tomatoes - Any small tomato will work.
- Basil - Substitute any fresh herb that you like. It will still be delicious!
- Spicy - add cayenne pepper or chili pepper flakes for an extra kick.
- Protein - add a cooked protein of your choice along with the pasta (chicken, beef, tofu, etc.)
Store the final dish in an airtight container for 3 days in the fridge.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Baked Feta Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Basil (Tiktok Pasta)
- 1 baking dish
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (4 cups)
- 1 block feta cheese (8 ounces)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces pasta (3 cups cooked)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup basil thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish place tomatoes, feta, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to distribute olive oil evenly over the tomatoes. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta as directed until al dente. Drain and reserve ½ cup pasta water.
- Add garlic and basil to baking dish and stir to distribute evenly. Bake for 10 more minutes, until tomatoes are bursting and feta and garlic are lightly browned.
- Add cooked pasta to baking dish and stir to combine. If needed add ½ cup pasta water to thin the sauce.